This is being written today to help bring to the forefront some concerns from parents about their children’s online activities. All too often we hear stories of children being abused, taken away or even worse. As part of our purpose of helping kids and adults alike have fun We want to make everyone aware of the danger but also provide advice and contact details for our support staff. If you ever feel something is wrong you can leave the situation. If you need help you can try to get in touch with one of our staff members in game, via chat, phone or ticket.
This is an example of what we are talking about from the NBC show “To Catch a Predator”
Now some advice on staying safe online. The first bits are general and the end will be more IGA specific.
– Do NOT give out personal information such as your full name, address, birth date or phone number. These even goes for volunteers who apply for positions with us; while we would like you to give us some way to reach you outside of the internet it is not required. We are not here to steal anyone’s information; if you do not want to provide it you dont have too.
– NEVER agree to meet with someone online. If for some reason you do make certain you meet in a public place with good lighting and multiple exits (after all you need a way to escape if things turn out to not be what was intended).
– IGA Staff will never need your password. We will only handle billing or donation information on the phone or via support ticket DO NOT give out bank or transaction information in game chat.
– Do not click links in emails unless YOU initiated the request. If you did contact us only click links in emails from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you ever feel like an email is abusive, contains spam or is not really from us please email it to email@example.com.
– Moderators are around almost 24 hours a day. If you ever have an issue feel free to reach out to them or contact the IGA service Team.
As a matter of policy we research all reports of abuse and will take action on those we find to have violated our rules. We would like this community to be as safe as possible for everyone in it for years to come. If you have more specific questions please feel free to reach out to me. My contact information is on the staff page. For our other contact details see the about page.
International Gaming Association